Thursday, December 14, 2006

GAME OVER III
Four days on, the pain has eased. I still think about L. I still wonder if things would have turned out differently had I had more time, had she let me in behind her fortified walls.

More than this, though, I feel confused. It's almost as though I was never there. I'm not in denial, it just seems so strange to think that I went to see someone I went out with five years ago, spent three solid days with her, only to be heartbroken by the same girl, in the same way. It was such a random interjection in my otherwise "normal" life, that I feel detached from it.

Simultaneously, I do feel sad that the fairytale scenario I had in my mind for so many years didn't reach the conclusion I'd longed for; that she didn't see in me what I saw in her.

But I have to respect her decision. I have to deal with it and, given a bit more time, I'm sure I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home