Thursday, April 06, 2006

TAUNTED BY THE TELE

Peru, Bolivia, Brazil: Latin America comes back to haunt me every night on my TV, reminding me about what I had, where I'd been, and where I am now. "That could've been me," I hear myself grumbling. "That SHOULD have been me!" But it's not. And I have to deal with that.

Distractions, there are many. Dinner at parents; The Apprentice on the tele; friends on the phone; Karen.

Before today it had been a week since I'd heard a peep out of her. So I called. Why not? She made no apologies for her absence. She'd been with her horse, relaxing, seeing her family. "No time for me," was the implication.

Just as I was building up speed, she cut me off. She was at her grandma's and had to go. She said she'd call me back later. She never did. Will I ever hear from her again? I expect she'll send me some superficial two-line text on Saturday, assuring me that she will eventually call, before eventually failing to do so. I'm not that bothered. It just means that I wasted another couple of weeks barking at the wrong bitch.

Now I'm tired: a tough workout at the gym and an early start. The days are zipping by. Pay-day comes closer, but then so does my 31st birthday. And I'm sill sitting in the same chair - on wheels, but going nowhere, except one step closer to the edge.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Cohen said...

Why thank you, Pandora. But if you're so tired of my posts you should go elsewhere. The truth is you probably love reading other people's blogs - while masking your own profile - because your own life, by comparison, is so dull that you insist on spending your time reading about other people's. Regards. DC

2:10 pm  
Blogger David Cohen said...

And there was me thinking that the quality of your critique peaked with "shut up a hole". Not quite sure which I prefer. You should get out more. Keep well. DC

9:00 pm  
Blogger David Cohen said...

Oh, and Pandora, if you forward me your address I'll send you the bleach...

10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home