Thursday, February 02, 2006

BACK WHERE I STARTED

Things weren't supposed to turn out this way. This time last week I was sizing up five potentials; now I'm in the process of eliminating one; another has probably done the same to me; a third hasn't called back and I've yet to follow up; a fourth has really let herself go since I saw her last; and a fifth didn't even make it past the initial phone conversation.

So where does that leave me now? The simple answer is bored. But a simple answer rarely does my tortuous love-life justice.

For one, I can't dump Lisa yet. I took her out last night to an Italian in Westbourne Grove. This was the second time I'd been there. The food was average, the service - when the waitress said something in intelligible English - was poor; and, bar a loud-mouthed Ozzie sitting behind me, the place was empty.

conversation with Lisa was more stilted than usual, largely by virtue of my buffoonery earlier on in the evening. She'd picked me up in her car, but there was no leg-room for me in the passenger seat. I got out the car to try to fix the seat, which wouldn't budge. Along the way, I inadvertently hit the ejector-seat button - it flew forward faster than an inflating airbag and connected with my right temple with the force of a Frank Bruno right-hook. I felt marginally concussed for the rest of the evening.

Anyway, we finished dinner, came back to mine, and then "fooled around" in my bedroom. What did we get up to? "Something but nothing," as I like to say, though the whole experience left a bitter taste in my mouth, literally. I swear something came out of her nipple while I was sucking it. I tasted like liquid ear-wax. Euw.

So Lisa's on her way out, though I have to see her one more time in order not to appear an arsehole.

Veronica, meanwhile, has yet to return my call. And even assuming she does, there's no guarantee it'll be to arrange a second date. Still, with no Lisa or Veronica, I'll have more time to pursue Veronica2 (she hasn't called me back either, but she texted me to apologise for not having done so).

Can I be arsed, though? That is the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home