Thursday, September 21, 2006

NOT THERE YET
I'm worried. Although I had an excellent interview at my prospective employers, the way things are going at my current home I could get sacked before I have a chance to quit.

Every time I go to work now, I dread the opening of my inbox, fearful of what awaits me inside. My heart literally sinks and my mood swings lower.

This time it stems from a panic just before deadline, precipitated by a costly new content management system which routinely fucks up. The fact that it does this at random, and therefore may not have affected my colleagues, is only likely to deepen my boss's loathing for me.

As and when my next reprimand comes, complete with the punishment he intends to mete out, I'll already have a considered response:

"I wouldn't do that for the following reason," I'd say.
"One - it's grossly unfair and part, I feel, of your campaign to discredit, demoralise and demotivate me, while at the same time hounding me out because of your managerial incompetence.
Two - I'll take it to the unions and take you to an industrial tribunal - I've been told I have a watertight case.
Three - I'm leaving anyway (please see my notice attached)."

But I need to be careful. Although I've almost landed the new job, they see me coming to them from a position of strength i.e. I have a job already. If I leave before signing for the new firm, then I might look desperate. Either way, I want to be out of there within a month. So let's just hope that new contract lands on my doormat sooner rather than later.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home